These are my Mum’s meatballs, she made for my fussy kids when she was visiting me from New Zealand. They are gluten free, packed with hidden greens & more importantly packed with flavour. Meatballs make a fabulous quick dinner or canape to serve at a party. Serve with vegetables or salad for a main or for the kids some home make cut sweet potato chips. They also make a good lunch box option for something a little more healthy than a P&J sandwich.
500grams of ground beef or mince
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
2 teaspoons of olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop the onion & zuchinni very finely in food processor & saute in pan until soft with oil
- Mix in with the mince, tomato paste & salt & pepper
- Roll into small balls & lay on a baking tray lined with baking paper
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven, there is no need to turn them
- Serve with toothpicks & sauce
- Enjoy the simple things in life!
Ooo great idea sneaking zucchini in meatballs!