If you love salty sweet then you will thank me for this paleo salted caramel sauce, it is soooo delish! It can be served warm or cold & is the perfect topping on any of your real food desserts, ice cream or just straight out of the jar!
10 medjool dates
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup coconut milk or almond milk
2 level teaspoons finely ground sea salt
- In a small dish place the dates (seeded) & cover with hot water for 15 minutes to soften
- Drain the water & place dates & coconut oil in food processor, whiz until blended
- Add 1/4 cup of milk & continue to whiz in processor for 1 & 1/2 minutes. Stop if need to & scrape the sides of the processor
- Add the rest of the milk & the freshly ground salt. Whiz again for another minute or two
- At this point your mixture should be creamy & smooth
- Taste & add more salt of you would like it to be saltier
- If you would like to serve it warm, you can heat it gently in a pot or in the microwave
- Pour the sauce in a serving dish & enjoy licking the spoon!