This bread loaf is so yummy & it will totally satisfy any ‘bread’ cravings that you might have. When I became a ‘real foodie’ giving up bread was one of my most difficult struggles, because I love it SO MUCH, even though it would make me feel sick! Yes, as I have admitted before, I was a bread addict! I have not had bread for a very long time & I have become used to it now & do not miss it that much anymore, especially when I think about how it makes me feel. You know what, bacon & eggs is nice without toast!
This loaf of goodness is grain, gluten, sugar & dairy free. It is very filling because of the dense ingredients but it is surprisingly fluffy. I have had my mum staying from NZ & she made it for us out of the Tania Hubbard cookbook. We used linseeds instead of flaxseeds as per her recipe, as that is what we had on hand. I can highly recommend this recipe either for a treat, or you can cut it up & freeze it to use as you require for breakfast or snacks. The best part about this recipe is that you can treat yourself to bread & know that it is healthy, full of nutrients & for will not make your tummy cranky!
If you want to find out more about Tania Hubbard & her wonderful recipe book you can visit her at http://www.glutenfreegrainfree.com.au/
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup linseed
1/3 cup boiling water
1/2 cup arrow root
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon oil, olive or coconut
- Preheat oven to 180/350 degrees
- Soak linseed in water for 10 minutes
- In a food processor add walnuts, arrowroot, baking soda and salt
- Process until they resemble fine bread crumbs
- Beat together eggs, oil, vinegar and soaked linseed until seeds are lump free
- Add to dry ingredients,
- Use pulse setting in the food processor until mixed well being careful not to overmix. Alternatively you can put dry ingredients into a bowl and mix by hand until well combined.
- Pour batter into loaf tin
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- This bread keeps well in the fridge & it also freezes well.
- Serve fresh or make amazing toast!