This dish is the perfect weekend brunch or lunch but would also work really well for a fast nutritious dinner. I used hot smoked salmon fillets which you buy vacuum packed in the fridge section at the supermarket, where you also find sliced smoked salmon. But if you don’t have this ingredient you could use either smoked salmon slices, freshly cooked salmon fillets, hot smoked salmon or even tinned salmon if that is all you have. This dish will make 8 small servings or 4 large servings.
2 hot smoked salmon fillets
1 cooked sweet potato – cut into cubes1 small onion
1 garlic clove
3 sprigs of dill
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 180/350 degrees
- Dice the onion & garlic, saute in pan with the olive oil until transparent
- In the base of a pie dish (I use a oven safe glass one) evenly spread out the onion & garlic, broken up salmon fillets, sweet potato cubes & pieces of dill
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs & salt & pepper to taste
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the ingredients in the pie dish
- Place in the oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the egg is set, be careful not to over cook & dry out
- Serve with a side salad & enjoy!
This looks amazing!
Thanks. It is really simple & yummy 🙂
Pingback: The Roundup
Pingback: The Roundup - Wellness Alliance
Thanks for including my recipe 🙂