I am a huge fan of salmon, I also love sweet potato, so this is the perfect combo. Salmon is quick & easy to make, full of flavor & can be dressed up to the nines!
This recipe is for one serve, if you are serving more people, just double, triple etc. If you are cooking for more than one person, my hot tip is to buy salmon pieces that are the same size so that you don’t end up with variations on how well the salmon is cooked. Also remember that when you remove the salmon from the pan it will continue to cook for a couple of minutes, so take that into account as to how rare or cooked you prefer to eat your salmon.
1 fillet of fresh salmon with skin on
1 sweet potato
1 tablespoon homemade pesto (Click here for recipe)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon flake salt
- Make the pesto in advance as per the recipe above or click here
- Preheat oven at 180 or 350 degrees
- Peel the sweet potato & slice into equal sized rounds
- In a oven dish place the sweet potato, toss with olive oil & salt
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through & golden brown
- In a fry pan over a medium heat place the coconut oil, once heated place the salmon in the pan, skin down
- Pan fry on each side for approximately 4 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. I prefer my salmon cooked medium/rare
- On a plate lay the sweet potato fries down, place the cooked salmon on top of the sweet potato & spoon a tablespoon of pesto onto the salmon
Ooo I have salmon AND sweet potato! I might make this tonight (minus the pesto since I do not have basil)… I’ve never fried salmon before to get the skin crispy so I’m excited to try!
Looks delicious! Such a pretty presentation, too!