This has got to be the most delicious side dish ever & it is really simple! You could also enjoy this dish as a main or lunch.
4 medium beetroot (beets)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2-3 tablespoons of goats cheese
3 tablespoons of walnut halves
1 cup of rocket
Sea salt to taste
- Heat the oven at 180/350 degrees
- Cut the heads off the beetroot & peel – Tip… don’t do this while wearing white!
- Cut in half, then cut the halves in quarter’s
- Place beetroot in roasting dish, coat with olive oil & add sea salt to taste
- Roast for approx. 30 minutes or until cooked
- For the last 3-5 minutes in the oven throw in the walnuts to gently roast them until they are warm
- In a serving dish layer the rocket in the base
- On top of the rocket place the roasted beetroot & walnuts
- Break up the goats cheese into chunks and sprinkle around the dish evenly
- Crack some sea salt over the beetroot to taste & serve with a smile!
Ohhhh yum. I am definately trying this!
I got hungry now. 🙂 Looks fantastic! 🙂
This looks so nice. I think another re-blog is coming up, so I can remember to make it in future.
Reblogged this on Something to Ponder About and commented:
A dish I will just have to make. It is really great to have some fresh ideas for salads.