These lemony bliss balls are the perfect treat to store away for a rainy day. You can whip them out when the in-laws come for a cup of tea or when you need to pack a snack for that day trip. They are so lovely & because they are gluten, grain, sugar & dairy free they are actually good for you!
1 1/2 cup of dates (dried)
1 cup raw cashew nuts
1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 lemon (juice & rind)
1/2 shredded coconut
- Place the dates & cashew nuts in the food processor & blitz on high until fully blended
- Finely grate the rind of the lemon into the mixture, add the juice of the lemon & the desiccated coconut, blitz again on high until the mixture in like cookie dough
- This mixture is a little wet compared to some of my other truffle recipes, you may need to add more coconut depending on how juicy your lemon is
- With a teaspoon roll the mixture into balls
- As you are rolling the balls, have some shredded coconut in your hand & roll the shredded coconut around the ball, pressing it into the ball as you roll
- Continue until all of the mixture is rolled into balls
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour
- They will keep in the fridge for many weeks, so enjoy them either all at once or as a little treat here & there in the coming weeks!
Hi, could you please let me know if you use dried dates or fresh. Thanks Kylie
Hi Kylie. Thanks for stopping by. I just used dried dates, they are perfect for this recipe. Enjoy!
I used dried dates, as well as pecans and pumpkin seeds instead of cashews (just because I had them in the cupboard) and they were awesome! It’s that kind of recipe that you can play with a bit and create diverse snacks. Thanks Caralee 🙂
That is great. It is actually how I come up with recipes just by using ingredients that I already have & going from there. Try the Cacao & Cranberry too, they are amazing. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂