I made a lime version of this recipe a few weeks back which you can find here, so I thought I would try the same concept using different flavours & it works very well & tastes amazing. This recipe will make 8 – 10 of these little babies & you can prepare them in advance of a fancy dinner party or you can have them in the freezer for those times that you want a quick treat after dinner. This dessert is completely grain, gluten, dairy & sugar free, now that is my kind of dessert!
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup dates
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups raw cashew nuts
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
2 limes (juice only)
1 tablespoons of honey
6 tablespoons of coconut oil
Dash of vanilla extract
- Put all of the base ingredients in the food processor & blitz until it is fine but sticky
- Place 1 large tablespoon of the base mixture into the bottom of each muffin patty and press down. You should be able to make 8 – 10 bases
- Place in the freezer to set while you make the topping
- To make the topping place the cashew nuts in the food processor & process until you make cashew butter
- Add all of the other ingredients & whiz for a further couple of minutes until the raspberries are completely blended
- Spoon the topping onto the base mixture & put back in the freezer to set for up to an hour
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to serve the desserts take out of the freezer to let thaw a little
- Place on a plate & serve with fresh berries
I know someone with restrictive food allergies that would appreciate this recipe. Thanks so much for posting it. Do the cheesecakes come out of the muffin pan easily, or should one line it with plastic wrap before filling?
I use a latex muffin pan & they push out really easily. I am sure that they would easily pop out of a tin pan as well.
OK thanks 🙂
I’ve been wanting to make a raw cheesecake for a while, and this photo may have just tipped me over the edge to actually do it. Beautiful!
Go for it! It is super easy. Just be careful, they are addictive!!