I am a huge fan of lemon anything, but I especially love a lemon sweety or dessert. I had a slice like this at a local cafe’s that I frequent & from the moment I took the first bite I made it my mission to recreate this yummy recipe.
I have kept the recipe fairly simple, but let me tell you it tastes amazing. This slice is sugar, diary & grain free. It is the perfect snack, dessert or lunch box treat. It would be lovely served with fresh strawberries.
1 cup of almonds
1 1/2 cup dates
1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In your food processor, blitz one cup of almonds until they are fine like almond meal
- Finely grate the rind of the lemons & add to the almonds in the food processor
- Juice the lemons & use 2 or 3 tablespoons of lemon juice depending on how lemony you want your slice to taste
- Add the lemon juice & the dates to the food processor
- Blitz until the mixture is dough like. This may take a bit of time depending on the power of your food processor. You also may need to stop the food processor several times & scrape down the sides.
- Once the mixture is soft & dough like place in mixing bowl & add most the shredded coconut (leaving a little bit to sprinkle on the top of the slice) & the salt
- Mix the coconut & salt through the mixture
- Once mixed place in a slice tray that has been lined with baking paper
- Press the mixture into the slice tray & place in the fridge for 1 hour
- Serve & enjoy!
This sound like it’s worth a try 😉 Thank you.
Reblogged this on sassyandpaleoish.
Did you use blanched almonds or just whole almonds?
Hi Claire. Just whole natural almonds. You could also use almond meal to avoid the first step.
If I use Almond Meal instead of almonds, what quantity would I use? Still 1 cup?
Hi Emma. I think that it would be about 3/4 of a cup, because when the almonds are ground down they take up less space in a cup. I haven’t tried it so I can’t say exactly.
Thank you! I’ll give it a go and let you know how it turns out!
Great! I look forward to hearing.
Thank you for this recipe – the slices are delicious 🙂 I`m your fan!
Thank you for stopping by, that is great, I love fans 🙂 I love this slice too, very yummy!