Basil is one of my all time favourite herbs. It is so versatile, tasty & easy to grow (if you remember to water it). You can buy pesto dips at the supermarket but they are processed, expensive & not as yummy as this home made version. Pesto is so simple & easy to make at home with only a handful of ingredients, you should definitely give it a go! You will need a food processor.
You could enjoy your home made pesto topped on sliced cucumber, folded through scrambled eggs to make green eggs & ham, as the sauce with zucchini noodles or simply with a raw veggie platter.
1 garlic clove
2 cups of basil leaves
1/2 cup natural macadamia nuts
1/4 cup olive oil
Pinch of salt
- Crush the garlic & place in the food processor along with the basil, whiz on high until chopped
- Add the macadamia nuts & pulse until nuts are chopped but not too fine, otherwise the mixture will go mushy
- Add the olive oil, lemon & salt
- Pulse the food processor until you achieve a nice pesto consistency that you are happy with
- Taste. Add more lemon & salt if required to your taste
I LOVE pesto and have made several versions of it but none with macadamia nuts. This looks delicious!
Thanks for stopping by. It really is tasty with macadamia nuts, worth a try. Cx
Oh wow, must try!!
Pingback: Crispy Skin Salmon with Sweet Potato Fries & Homemade Pesto | Real Food Pledge