I am from New Zealand, so naturally I love lamb. It is so flavoursome & easy to make.
Nothing goes better with lamb than mint sauce, wouldn’t you agree? Shop bought mint sauce is highly processed & full of refined sugar, so when I recently made lamb chops, I also whipped up a mint sauce made from fresh mint from my garden.
This recipe will serve 4 people.
8 lamb chops
1 tablespoons coconut oil
1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon of honey
Zest from 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the mint & parsley, or if you have a food processor, whizz the fresh ingredients for a few seconds until finely chopped
- Before you continue…. enjoy the fresh smell, it is amazing!
- In the bowl add the honey, lemon zest, olive oil & salt & pepper. Combine all ingredients
- Heat a large pan on the stove over a medium-high heat
- Cook for approximately 5 minutes of each side
- Ideally the chops will be crisp & brown on the outside, while they are slightly pink on the inside
- Once the chops are cooked, place 2 on each plate & top with the fresh mint sauce
- Serve with steamed ribboned carrots & zucchini
- Enjoy this delicious dish!