This salad is crazy delcious & it is so pretty that you won’t want to eat it! The tart flavours of the grapefruit & the creaminess of the avocado go so well together…. it is like a party in your mouth! It is the perfect side to seafood or impressive BBQ salad.
1 perfectly ripe avocado (I know it is hard to tell at times!)
1 large pink grapefruit
6-10 cos lettuce leaves
2 sprigs of coriander
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lemon (juice)
1 teaspoon of mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
- Wash the cos lettuce leaves & drain. Arrange nicely on a large flat serving dish
- With a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit, discarding all the peel and white pith
- Cut the grapefruit into segments & remove the white membrane as you go
- Cut the avocado into quarters, remove the seed, slice the avocado lengthwise into 12 pieces
- Arrange the prepared grapefruit & avocado onto the lettuce
- Wash the coriander & pluck the leaves & sprinkle over salad
- To dress the salad, finely grate 1 teaspoon zest & squeeze the juice from the lemon
- Whisk the zest, juice, mustard, oil, salt & pepper in a small bowl or shaker
- Splash the salad with the dressing, as much or as little as you desire. You can keep the left over dressing for your next salad
- Enjoy this tasty salad!
You are right, they are the perfect match! Beautiful salad!
i’ve been eating a lot of grapefruits lately!! they are so good this time of the year. i bet this would be good with blood oranges, too. love the bright colors!
Pingback: 7 reasons to eat more avocados and 19 different avocado recipes
Pingback: 25 Paleo Avocado Recipes for an Instant Nutrition Boost
Pingback: 25 Paleo Avocado Recipes for an Instant Nutrition Boost | Get Fit Bookmark