Things I love – I love weekends! I love eggs! I love fresh herbs! I love avocado! I love long breakfasts! So this dish on a Saturday morning to me equals perfection on a plate!
INGREDIENTS – per person
2 eggs (free range, grass fed, if possible)
2 tablespoons of milk (coconut or almond)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 sprig of fresh thyme
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley chopped roughly
Freshly ground salt & pepper
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, add the milk & whisk
- Crack some salt & pepper into the egg mixture
- Add the thyme & parsley to the mix
- Heat a pan on the stove & add the olive oil
- When the pan is hot, pour the egg & herb mix into the pan
- With a wooden spoon scrape the egg away from side of pan & repeat until the entire mix is cooked, be careful not to over cook the egg
- Peel the avocado & place on wooden board
- With a folk smash the avocado
- Grind salt & pepper onto the smashed avocado & squeeze half a lime onto the avocado
- Fold the seasoning into the avocado
- Place the herbed scramble egg on your plate & top with the lime smashed avocado
- ENJOY your weekend long breakfast!
What a delicious idea!
That looks great. My wife and I run a B&B so for us, weekends are not lazy and relaxing as they are for most people. But, we are now closed for the winter so that we can make a single and a twin into a luxury superking double, and I might just have time for a cooked breakfast. Just bought a ripe avocado and free range eggs and will give it a whirl tomorrow morning.
Thanks for checking out my website. How wonderful having a B&B. I hope you enjoyed the recipe.
Pingback: What's for Breakfast? 9 recipes to get your morning started.