As a full time working mum of three, there is nothing better than coming home to a home cooked meal that you have not had to think about all day… enter the slow cooker! The best appliance that God ever invented!
Where I am from in New Zealand we have a type of traditional slow cooking which is called a Hangi, it is where a hole is dug in the ground & the food is slow cooked on hot stones inside the ground. But in modern times the slow cooker is equally as good! Cooking in a slow cooker is so easy & so rewarding, you just set & forget.
2 large rump steaks (fresh or frozen)
1 onion diced
1 capsicum diced
1 can of whole peeled tomatoes (no sugar added)
1/2 cup water
1 cup tomato cassata (pureed tomato, no sugar added)
1 clove crushed garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
Splash of coconut aminos
- In the crock pot or slow cooker place the diced onion, diced capsicum, can of tomato, 1/2 cup of water, tomato cassata, garlic, salt & pepper to taste & splash of coconut aminos
- Stir & combine ingredients
- Place the whole rump steak into the tomato mix – you can put a frozen steak straight from your freezer into the pot (thats how easy it is!)
- Set slow cooker to medium & leave for the day
- Serve with cauliflower mash & a glass of red. PERFECT!
Is it ok to dice the lamb rump steak prior to slow cooking? I agree the slow cooker is one of the best appliances God ever invented! Ciao, John
Hi John. Yes it would be fine to dice lamb & use the same recipe base. It will be beautiful. 🙂
Thank you Caralee. I’m finding GOOD (and different) slow cooker recipes hard to find