I LOVE lamb shanks. I make mine in the slow cooker with a tomato base. You can make this recipe in a casserole dish in the oven, if you were to do that you would cook them on a low to mid heat in the oven for 3 plus hours. If you are lucky enough to have a slow cooker, this dish could not be easier. It will take you five minutes to prepare & then you just leave it for the day.
4 lamb shanks
10 button mushrooms
1 tin of tomato’s (check the ingredients to make sure there is nothing added)
2 garlic cloves crushed
1 teaspoon fresh crushed ginger
1/2 – 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Dice the onion, cut the button mushrooms into quarters & cut the capsicum length wise
- Place all the cut vegetables into the slow cooker
- Mix in the fresh herbs & chilli
- Add the tin of tomato’s to the slow cooker
- Place the lamb shanks into the tomato mix in the slow cooker
- Put the lid on and leave on a medium heat for 5 – 6 hours
- Serve of a bed of cauliflower mash & a glass of red wine!
Hey, Please parcel it to me.. I don’t have time to cook.. 😉 Can you?
Haha! It would be cold and old by the time it got there! Seriously it only takes 5 minutes with a slow cooker, it is worth it!
Ohh ghod not possible for me to cook ! By the way i guess it is nice in taste !!
An excellent, simple and nutritious recipe. I can imagine how that slow cooked meat just falls off the bone. Thanks so much for sharing. Will re-blog so I can cook it next week.
It is amazing! I hope that you enjoy. 🙂
Reblogged this on Something to Ponder About and commented:
Delicious and nutritious. Perfect for a family on the go. Throw in the slow cooker in the morning, come home to a beautiful meal ready to eat at night.
Pingback: Great Lamb Shanks | The Food Review