This is a quick easy dinner or lunch that everyone will love you for! We often have this on the weekend when I can not be bothered cooking a big dinner. It keeps very well in the fridge for a number of days.
1 large sweet potato
1 kg of pumpkin
1 table spoon fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 table spoon olive oil
150 ml coconut milk
Salt to taste
- Peel and cut both the pumpkin & sweet potato & place in a pot of boiling water on the stove.
- Simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- In the mean time, dice the onion & the garlic.
- Grate the fresh ginger.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and sauté the onion, garlic & ginger until the onion is translucent.
- In the food processor, place the cooked onion mix, pumpkin & sweet potato.
- Keep the water from the vegetables aside as you will use it in the soup.
- Whizz until fully blended & there are no lumps in the soup.
- Put the soup back in the pot on the stove top & add back a little bit of the water until the soup is at a consistency that you prefer.
- Add salt to taste. Add the coconut milk and stir.
- Allow the soup to gently simmer on the stove for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a lovely piece of cooked bacon on top of the soup. Enjoy!
Looks really nice 🙂 Thank you for sharing 🙂